Representational Figure – Landscapes – Mixed Media – White Japanese Paper
About the Artist
- Art History BA from the University of Toronto with a Minor in Women's Studies.
- Year Three at Ontario College of Art & Design, and Toronto School of Art.
- Mohawk College, Hamilton Ontario; Certificate in Plastic & Fine Arts.
- Dundas Valley School of Art, Ontario; Certificate in Textiles.
- Workshops in Ontario & British Columbia including Encaustic Wax, Japanese Lamps, Acrylic, Figure Drawing, Landscape, Book Illustration, Picture Framing.
- 20 years of experience as a designer/director in Carpet Design (printed and custom) at Harding Carpets Ltd. Dominion Rug, and H&I Carpet in Ontario, plus freelance design/illustration.
- Framing Sales at The Charlotte Gallery, Brantford, Ontario.
- Self-employed at Keremeos ARTspace 2008-2011. Taught art workshops for children (some were home-schooled) and adults. Retailer of art supplies.
- Moved from Toronto, ON in 2006.
- Born in Kitchener, ON. Childhood in St. John's Newfoundland. Later years in Cambridge and Brantford, ON.
- Moved to work and study in Toronto. Lived there for twenty years.
- Left Toronto in 2006 for an organic tree-fruit orchard, to make art, and to raise my son.
- Exhibited and sold my work
- Continued research in Art, Culture, and History after 2009 Haida Gwaii travels